Monday, June 13, 2011

“From Drashti Dhami who to Dude you don’t know Drashti Dhami.”

“From Drashti Dhami who to Dude you don’t know Drashti Dhami.”

  

My liking for her would be more of a true friend and a well wisher who wants his friend to be at the top and is a constant motivator.Anyways with audiences getting smarter, the relationship between a fan and an Icon is no more that of a dream boy or a girl and has moved on from that point to being an unknown true friend, a well wisher who knows his icon but his icon is unaware of him.

"Drashti Dhami" who for me, few months ago when heard brought out an expression

Drashti Dhami who?

Only to realize later she was the one I was waiting to idolize as an actress after Kajol and now I keep saying

""Dude you don't know Drashti Dhami !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

As said Drashti Dhami is the actress after Kajol to look forward to

I adore Drashti for her acting skills and to be frank I am a bit partial too,thoda soft corner toh banta hai boss,anyways that counts for only a small percentage, genuinely after Kajol I have not seen any actress with that fire power in her eyes and capability of doing something big with right platform offered.

Smriti Irani was one who is a strong personality,Priyanka is Good,Genelia Dsouza cute (tom boy) types, but never had such strong feeling of being a fan, follow your star and support your star no matter what the circumstances are, that is what I feel for Drashti Dhami.



I had never seen Drashti before and when my sister saw promos of Geet she was excited as her Muskaan was back and I asked her who is she?

Apologies, I did not even watch "Dil Mil Gaye" or "Mile Jab Hum Tum".

Well, the realizations later on brought out surprise and expression,"Ohh teri,yeh iss mein bhi thi"

1) Ohh she is the one cute face whose cheeks are pulled  in that add "googly woogly woosh".

2) The Chevrolet add where Drashti winks and so does the car and few other south Indian adds which I had seen before and Reliance add  too.

3) The music video Sayiyaan dil mein, where I always wondered why that video concentrated more on Tanushree and not on the other two cute faces which clicked and to my surprise Drashti was one of them.




4 ) Most surprising was when I saw "Nachle soniye tu" from Shael and I loved Drashti in it, specially her attitude when she makes Shael follow her was great, but again, did not know who she was..

5 ) "Bhappi da's Madhuri dixit song,Humko in red...



Comes Miss Dhami as "Geet" running through the fields of Punjab and her journey  from Dev to the Super sensational Maan Singh Khurana, where she unknowingly steals millions of hearts all over as "Geet" and her literally idolized and worshipped pairing with Gurmeet as "Maan" spreading the pandemic effect called "Maaneet Effect".



I still remember it was in March 2010, I had seen the add featuring Drashti running through the fields. as referred by some one to watch her once, but I happened to follow the series only from 73rd episode, the one shot at the Dhaba.

Before that I had experienced some very common and funny incidents related to Geet, generally what we hear in every household, ladies discussing injustice with Geet.

It was a weekend and while I was still in the bed, I heard my aunt discussing the injustice with Geet and at that particular point I thought it was about some relative of mine who was cheated and I don't know her and then another thought, what rubbish we dot have any relative in Punjab, only to realize it was about the daily soap Geet and you can imagine my reactions, similar to what you get from your brothers,hubbies whoever who does not watch daily soaps and is fed up with them.

Drashti's persona is such that it never let me divert my attention from the series and till date she is the major reason to stick to the series and I would also mention that her chemistry with Guru is the other reason to follow Geet so religiously.





The craze for "Maaneet" and the series started with a plead from my bhanja, which sounded more like a warning to face the consequences if I don't let him watch Geet and that is how I happened to watch it and it was Drashti dancing to tunes of bhangra and Guru joining her and Maahi in the background which did the trick, and for the first time I felt an onscreen pair should not get separate ever and such was the effect of the chemistry that my eyes got stuck with some good feeling while watching Gurmeet and Drashti enact together.





I had this initial connection with Drashti because she also reminded me of my fav actress "Kulraaj Randhawa" from "Kareena Kareena" on Zee which aired between 2004 and 2005 but I had forgotten the series, because I was not a keen or regular follower, just watched it occasionally, but I liked her and was upset because that series went off air suddenly and I missed the actress.






Anyways, Drashti as an actress, is certainly someone special, she makes you fall in love when she smiles, when she cries, when she talks and when she connects through eyes with Maan as Geet and her pairing with Gurmeet is just beyond description, how addictive one can get when they come together onscreen is beyond my capability to define it, because of lack of proper vercab.




But like all those superstars, she had an impact on my life too. Drashti without any doubt has that talent which is very similar to what Madhuri and Kajol had and provided that she gets some decent and decisive characters to play as, she will be no where lagging behind the standards set by the former two and she has already proven that with Geet.

Opportunity is very crucial and Drashti Dhami needs more of these to give Bolly dollies a
run for their place. I won’t say others don't have it in them, but Drashti has a bit more and that bit more becomes a lot more when she is with Guru.


Few call it love and few call it infatuation,I feel its passion and creative vision which I have for her.

1 comment:

  1. loved it so much.me too drashti's biggest fan

    ReplyDelete