Monday, June 13, 2011

My journey along with the series Geet has been a journey of change in attitude towards daily soaps.

My journey along with the series Geet has been a journey of change in attitude towards daily soaps.



Till date never followed any daily soap for the emotional crap they show in it which has no logic and I wondered how women get so involved with something fictional, but I still respected their feelings and opted to stay away from such shows if I did not relate to them as entertainment.

But with "Geet" everything changed and with actors Drashti and Gurmeet as "Maaneet" I actually think if I had that kind of an attitude towards daily soap.


Well, I still have the same attitude for others becoz for me "Geet" is not a daily soap it is a "Love Saga" which comes daily.





One compliment I got from fellow friends and fans,

"Gaurav you are probably the only male fan who writes so much for the series, in fact too much and the good thing is you are a die hard Drashti Dhami fan amongst so many MSK and Geet fans and when everyone use to ask about Gurmeet you always kept Drashti right up there through your writings."

Felt awesome and so good, can’t write it down in words.

Well Off course, I want "Geet" the only series which is different to be different and fly high and sustain for as long as possible.

I have seen many writing we love Maan and Geet which for me is illogical, because it is Drashti and Gurmeet in particular who make these characters look so desirable.





These two God's gift have given millions, who smash their head, pull their hair,crib,shout and at the end of the day, just because they love Drashti and Gurmeet together, wait like crazies as if the whole world and their life depends on what will be shown at 9.30 pm,star one in the show Geet where two leads named Drashti and Gurmeet are playing the role of Maan and Geet and have reached heights, respect, love and passion in their fan’s hearts to an extent which wud be envied by any other person in the same profession, forget profession boss..

Maan and Geet are nothing less than those love birds,romeo and juliet,heer aur ranjha and many more which I have been hearing since days when I gained senses and did not even know what love is.



 I cant see her more perfect and complete with any other actor except Gurmeet and I am so stubborn in my vision for her that I don't want to see any other actor with her..

That is stupid from me, but such is the vision that the moment you take the either of the two out, the feel becomes alien and irrespective of how good the other person is as an actor you feel,hmmm no, Gurmeet hi hona chahiye...

"This is the challenge both my superstars face post Geet"


Coming down to where she stands and along with whom:

Superstar would definitely be a person who had an extraordinary impact on your life, the way you think and the way you behave, giving you some reason to believe in, something to look up to and also motivation to do something creative and constructive.


1) My childhood superstar and now nothing less than God, Sachin Tendulkar has always been a motivation and an individual who, with his special talent made millions smile, I remember when he use to score runs, people use to say "Aaj din bangaya" irrespective of how bad the day was for them in reality, but his success brought smiles and joy giving fans a reason to celebrate. Even I did.


2) Madhuri Dixit, my first crush as a kid or teenager, first signs of following your fav
superstar from the entertainment sector and in those days it was more of collecting post card posters and hiding them from parents because they would shout for this act or even if they would not, I was very shy to express "I loved Madhuri Dixit".


3) Kajol, she was my only female superstar till Drashti Dhami arrived as Geet on small screen, my love for Kajol was more because of her acting skills and her strong personality and particularly the way she has managed her personal and professional life and is a successful actress who is also a great house wife.

4)Aamir Khan, the name in himself defines what cinema and entertainment is all about and no need to describe the impact he and his films have had, a perfect blend of art and commercial success with a message in most of his films.

5) Hrithik Roshan, when Kaho naa pyaar hai arrived,,Hrithik Mania was all over India and I still remember watching Kahoo naa in Rahul theatre ( Pune), an actor with perfect looks and exceptional talent had arrived and suddenly guys were found more in Gyms and also polishing their dancing skills, dancing to tunes of Ek pal ka Jeena got me alot of recognition in school and junior college but more than that it was Hrithik's sheer determination and acts in Lakshya which made him a Superstar for me.

6) I was always into sports, football is my passion and I was introduced to it by David Beckham.

"Only after watching bend it like Beckham" I came to know what English football is all
about, year 2003 till date and I am a die hard Manchester United fan and for me the craze is on par with that for Indian Cricket team.






7) Drashmeet, I feel what has clicked is "Drashmeet" both when separate are good, but when together are exceptional, too good,  great, so good that the best known couples till date on television and in bollywood  would admire them and say "What a Maaneetastic Maaneetacular and Maaneejestic pair."




I have mentioned all those names because Drashti Dhami finds herself standing tall amongst the greats in this list, my choice of superstars will give you an idea about the credibility and potential of this young and very vibrant actress Drashti Dhami.


She is already the most followed female TV star and this would have been impossible without that 'X' factor in her. Drashti is very vibrant and very appealing as an actress and her eyes are good enough to convey every possible emotion.


“Drashmeet” are the only reason to watch Geet (which is one Golden era in the darkness spread by daily soaps) and a major reason to sit and write and motivate the makers to do justice with Geet. It would be unfair if I don't mention Guru's name because without him as Maan, Drashti is incomplete as Geet and together they have managed to do which will always be remembered in years to come.



Few call it love and few call it infatuation,I feel its passion and creative vision which I have for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment